Tuesday, March 7, 2017

MUSTELA MUST-HAVES | mom life






We're less than 5 weeks until we're parents to two little babes! I'm just as excited as I am anxious but more than that, I'm READY. Ready to see what he looks like, how his personality will be, getting to see Devon with his son and Penelope with her lifelong best friend and just be able to kiss those sweet lips + cheeks!
All good things to look forward to but actually feeling pretty patient waiting of him to decide to come on out when he's ready. 

In the meantime, besides praying for a healthy and easy pregnancy (that has been nothing but, thankfully) I've been doing the best I can to moisturize and stay hydrated, especially during little guys growth spurts when I can actually feel my belly stretch.. so crazy! That's when I do my absolute best to up my belly butter and especially moisturize my ever-growing boobs. Seriously. They're MASSIVE - It's pregnancy and I ain't gonna sugar-coat it. It happens. So you can imagine how excited I was when Mustela wanted to send me their new pregnancy line along with a couple of products from their Bebe line for our little dude and Penelope.... I was pumped. So what are some products I received from the Maternite Line?


So far, all of these products have been amazing. I love a good oil anyway so I was super excited that I actually fell in love with the oil that they sent me! All of the products feel really moisturizing on the skin and absorb really, really well. This is a MUST for me because I hate when a moisturizer takes a lifetime to absorb. Above all, the best way I can describe the smell would be "clean". It reminds me of a fresh, clean baby, surprisingly enough. I don't really know how else to describe it haha but it has a really good smell that lasts, so that was a huge plus.

Although all of the products I received were great, my favorite two would be the Stretch Mark Prevention Oil and the Soothing Moisturizing Balm. Those two are ones that I've been drawn to most and seem to be the most convenient for me to grab and use. 

I use a few pumps of the Prevention Oil all-over my belly right after I hop out of the shower and before bed and I use the Soothing Moisturizing Balm all over my body the same way - right after the shower and before bed. My skin is generally pretty sensitive and I haven't had any issues with not just these specific products but any products from the line. It's probably because of the natural ingredients that Mustela uses in their products, plus they're made without any harsh chemicals so they're safe for you and your little babes.

Despite writing about how to avoid stretch marks, I want to add that I truly believe that they're genetic and just how each individual is made up but I feel that it can never hurt to moisturize anyway to give your skin a little bit of elasticity during the whirlwind of pregnancy. Your skin changes SO much (I can definitely attest to this!) during this time so it's important to find a good moisturizer or body oil which will help your skin stay hydrated and if you've been overwhelmed by the products out there, just know that Mustela is a GREAT place to start!

xx, 
tbp



All products were c/o thanks to Mustela.



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I've heard good things about this mustela product! Going on my wish ♥ list now..

    ReplyDelete

© TAYLOR PILK

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig