Tuesday, June 26, 2018

EGG ROLL IN A BOWL | food



Lately, I've been on my fitness game 100%! My goal, especially with two kids has always been 4 days a week and after almost a year of working out, I've finally got into the groove of things and I sometimes even get in 5 days! This is what my schedule used to look like before babies so the fact that I can crunch this in nowadays is a huge accomplishment! But even though I've noticed my workout regimen has got back to where I want it, my diet has slacked in the kitchen. I still manage to make healthy choices while I'm out but I really wanted to get back to the basics with actual whole foods, so I started searching Pinterest for food ideas and came across a bunch of delicious-looking Whole30 and Paleo meals that I got super inspired to make and that's what lead me to this exact recipe!

Egg Roll in a Bowl is literally just that - a much healthier and MSG-free option that's delicious and healthy! I got the recipe from 40 Aprons and can't wait to share it with y'all [which you can view HERE] ! If you love Chinese, you HAVE to try this! Oh, and this recipe isn't really a looker but it tastes AMAZING.


FYI: I substituted some ingredients because I didn't have everything and I absolutely hate pork so I'm adding my additions here and you can view the originals by clicking the link [HERE]:

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 whole chicken breast, chopped
2 cloves of pre-chopped garlic (from the jar)
14oz bag of coleslaw
1 bag of frozen broccoli 
2 tablespoons of coco aminos
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger 
1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoons of salt
1-2 tablespoons avocado oil mayo

1. Add the coconut oil to a pan and start sautéing the chopped garlic. Once the garlic starts to get a little bit gold, I added the chopped chicken breast.
2. Cook the chicken breast until thoroughly cooked through and set aside in a bowl until ready to use but make sure you keep some coconut oil in the bottom of the pan for step 3.
3. Add coleslaw and frozen broccoli in the pan and then add the coco aminos, fresh ground ginger, rice wine vinegar + salt. Stir so ingredients are combined and then place a lid over the top for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once ingredients cook down a bit and broccoli is no longer frozen, add the mayonnaise and do one last mix of all ingredients. 
4. After you've mixed it all up, add the coleslaw mix to the chicken you placed in a bowl and ENJOY!

This meal should only take about 30 minutes to make, from start to finish! It's SO easy and SO good -- even the next day! I always go back for seconds when I make this, it's just that good... You won't even realize it's a healthy dish!

xx, tbp






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© TAYLOR PILK

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig